Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:51   #21
hcsaturnguy

Kholster

I ordered a Kholster for my G27 on Friday night and recieved it on Wednesday or Thursday of the next week. So far it is really great. When I first got it, I did very little adjusting to the clips, then strapped it on and waited for my wife to get home. We made dinner, cleaned up, and sat together on the couch for about 30 minutes before I told her that I had it on, and she said that she never noticed. Pretty good seeing as I'm only 5'10" and 150lbs. It seems to work equally well with jeans and t-shirt as it does with dress pants and tucked in shirt and tie. Overall, excellent quality so far. Couldn't be happier.
hcsaturnguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:38   #22
IHTFP

Wearing one right now for a g30. Great holster for $35
IHTFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:29   #23
isis07734
Nice guy

Cant knock it, never tried it... but cmon... why would anyone? Just get a Comptac if thats the style you want.
isis07734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:39   #24
smrkdown

It seems that most every KHolster owner has had to modify their KHolster in some way. This tells me that the design still has some kinks that need to be worked out. The CrossBreed SuperTuck looks like a more mature design. The only modifications that are typically made are trimming leather for a combat grip because the owner didn't purchase that option initially or changing out clips. A holster is something that you're going to be wearing for years. Spend a little money, and get something worth wearing.
smrkdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 23:54   #25
INSPGAD

Send a message via Yahoo to INSPGAD
kHOLSTER

Well I personally Like my Crossbreed Supertuck holsters have two of them but I ordered the KHolster for my 1911 and I like the xtra leather as I can wear it with out a t shirt and the leather protects my side from the grip of my 1911 it fits great and I use it everyday Use mt supertuck for church LOL
Old 07-11-2009, 06:15   #26
cdeviney

After reading lots of comments and suggestions on several different forums, I decided to go with the Kholster. I ordered on Sunday, it shipped on Monday, and I received it on Wednesday. I am very happy with this holster. It's not fancy but it is VERY functional. The smooth side of the leather is on the back (on your skin), and feels much better than a gun rubbing against you. I bought mine for my Glock 26 and it fits like a glove; easy to draw, but won't fall out when held upside down. In a pinch, I could use it for my Kel-Tec PF-9 or Walther P22, although the fit is a tad loose. The metal belt clips are quite sturdy and it stays put, with the gun snug against the body. Cant and depth are adjustable, and the leather could be trimmed to suit your individual needs. Jimmy, the owner, got right back to me when I emailed him a couple of questions.

It has a 90 day satisfaction guarantee (you pay the shipping), and a lifetime warranty.

It is $45, including shipping but if you enter a discount code in the 'special instructions' box you get a 10% rebate. (If you need a code: 336879)

I am not associated with this company, just a happy customer. I have only used the holster a couple of days, but it is very comfortable. For usability and price, it is a great value, IMHO.

[URL="http://www.kholster.com"]www.kholster.com[/URL]

Here are some photos:

Kholster IWB with Glock 26
Carry Issues

Kholster
Carry Issues

Kholster with Glock 26
Carry Issues

Kholster with Kel-Tec PF-9
Carry Issues

Kholster with Glock 26 Upside Down
Carry Issues

Last edited by cdeviney; 07-11-2009 at 06:53..
cdeviney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:26   #27
dosei

Sheezzzz....
The garbage that passes for a "good holster" these days...it's really sad.
"Know where the attack against you is likely to come, whether on the street or in court, and have a proven counter already in place" (Mas Ayoob)
dosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:45   #28
grokdesigns

I've been using one for about a week with a 5.11 Trainer belt at 4 o'clock. I trimmed it up so that I can get a good grip when drawing, I left a little leather to prevent the slide from contacting my body. So far, so good. For $35, it'll do until I can decide on something nicer.
grokdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:38   #29
Laramie In MT

Send a message via AIM to Laramie In MT Send a message via Yahoo to Laramie In MT

I admit that I paid the money for a good hybrid type holster. I went with a Comp-tac M-TAC.

But for $35, I'm gonna just make my own. I have the kydex and other screws, etc on order. I'll report back. I"m going to make some OWB competition holsters, some mag pouches and a few IWB holster. A sheet of 12"x24" kydex costs around 6 bucks.
Laramie In MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 14:08   #30
passive101

The website says 45 dollars now. How can you get it for 33.50 still? In the 50 dollar range it's competing with better holsters for 20 dollars more.
passive101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 14:25   #31
Matthew26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonerguy View Post
Just another in the chain of knock-offs. The Crossbreed wasn't created from an idea that occurred one day in the shower, either.

Gee, I wonder who was first with a hybrid IWB holster?

Who knows the answer?

Oh, yeah! "The Answer."

Still made with the best leather money can buy, and worth every penny.

Oh, well, those who know, know that already.

Merry Christmas from Tucker Gunleather.
I placed my order for that this week. Very excited and i hear the quality is 2nd to none.
Matthew26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 18:31   #32
Bannack

Don't like it from its looks, and I don't wanna have to trim it up either.

G20SF, S&W SD9, S&W 637
Bannack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 16:30   #33
kentclark

Now on sale until Aug 1:

[url]http://kholster.com/[/url]
kentclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 16:35   #34
MooseJaw
CLM Number 37
NRA Lifer

Kydex back w/ a leather front holster.. now that could work..

I can't imagine leather against my hot sweaty body for 16 hours a day..
MooseJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:38   #35
peteG21

Had mines for almost a year know I still love this holster I did trimed it myself, and its one of my favorite IWB holsters...

NRA
:harley:
peteG21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:46   #36
H2oskierc

I ordered a kholster yesterday around noon for my 27. It is already on its way to me. THAT is impressive!

G27, Cominolli Safety
H2oskierc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 17:08   #37
bbauman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseJaw View Post
I can't imagine leather against my hot sweaty body for 16 hours a day..
Really it is comfortable, it just doesn't look it. The leather contours to your body.

Last week I wore it almost nonstop, including the 10 hour drive both ways to our vacation spot. Forgot I had it on most of the time.

The leather does seem rather large when you look at it and you could trim it but you don't have to.

Being a tinkerer I changed the clips. The front one I took the hang down off so it just clips on the belt and that is it. On and off is harder but the clip disappears against the belt. The back clip I cut, bent, and put velcro on so it goes behind my belt. (Note the clips are spring steel, you need a vice, heat, oil quench, etc. PM if you want more info)

Sure you can buy holsters that already do these things for twice as much but don't knock the KHolster because it isn't pretty or perfect. The price is good, the holster is great.

$0.02.
bbauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:07   #38
Jaxco

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbauman View Post
Really it is comfortable, it just doesn't look it. The leather contours to your body.

The leather does seem rather large when you look at it and you could trim it but you don't have to.

Sure you can buy holsters that already do these things for twice as much but don't knock the KHolster because it isn't pretty or perfect. The price is good, the holster is great.

$0.02.
completely agree with this post, i am approaching the 6 month point wearing this holster all day, every day... no malfunctions yet
Old 11-26-2009, 17:14   #39
jkd301
Retired Cop

I don't post much but decided to get my feet wet. I wear on a daily basis as a retired LEO, old habits are hard to break.

I own several Glock's, 26, 19, 23, 17, 21 and 36. I also own a Crossbreed holster + $80, a Kholster $40, and the Answer + $80. I love the design of these holsters. All are similar in design but not materials as the Crossbreed uses what seems to be a better quality leather backing. I can't tell them apart from a comfort stand point.

I'm not looking for a pretty cover for a chrome plated sissy pistol, so looks are not a consideration. At about half the price if you can get past the looks and just worry about the comfort and functionality the Kholster gets the nod from me. And that is due to price, all of these holster makers have excellent customer service so there is no problem there, The crossbreed is a better looking holster, more so than the Answer that looks similar to the Kholster.

As far as those that don't like to "Mod" their holsters, doing that is really up to the user. I have found no reason to mod mine, that may change when I order one and use a pistol with an extended mag release as I have read where that may be an issue, but I have had a similar problem with other holsters when adding non factory parts to guns.

For a concealment holster that gets worn 8 or more hours a day these designs can't be beat, took me a while to give up the looks of my Milt Sparks and Galco, but once I did I was very satisfied.
jkd301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:01   #40
Clayton Hufford

The kholster works just as well as the other hybrid rigs out there, at half the price. The quality of materials, and the fit/finish is just as good in my experiance. Jimmy is great to deal with and will respond promptly with answers to any of your questions.

Current discount code- 10-2089. Just enter it in the "special instructions" field for a 10% discount.

Clay

Last edited by Clayton Hufford; 11-28-2009 at 08:24..
Clayton Hufford is offline   Reply With Quote