Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-03-2010, 13:14   #41
rdc2co

Com-Tac, Crossbreed, kholster

I do not YET own a Kholster, however, I do own one Tucker "Answer", several Crossbreed Holsters, one Com-Tac. Here are my opinions (for what they're worth):
The Tucker has plastic clips that tend to slip off my belt. I didn't like that one as much. No offense to anyone!
The Com-Tac is a little better, but the same problem. No offense to anyone!

I have Crossbreed Holsters for my Glock 26/27, and another for my Ruger LCP. I now carry a Kahr P45 and the Ruger LCP for backup. I like the Crossbreed holster and here's why: The Crossbreed offers a forward rake I like, tuckable, a good "SNAP" when I holster the weapon, meaning a great fit in the Kydex part. The new metal clips hold on VERY tight, and I don't worry at all about dropping the gun. Customer service is great. Good job, Mark!

I also plan to buy a Kholster to see what I think about it. It looks pretty good, especially for the price. Here's why: I want something tuckable- check. I need something to protect my rib cage from "slide bite" (the crescent shape will help with this)- check. I want something I can wear anytime any place and multiple places on my body (point of the hip, kidney, SOB)- Kholster looks like it might work for that. I want unlimited forward rake. I like a forward rake because I am not a big guy and grips tend to cause obvious "bulges" the back of my shirt. The forward rake lifts the grip up and forward above my "love handles" to make a triangle shape.
I am an NRA instructor and I don't want to stand at the front of the classroom telling people that I don't have holster ideas for them. Therefore, I test what I can get my hands on. Look for my opinions later.
rdc2co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 14:55   #42
StarkG23

I got one of these as well, and it is fantastic. First IWB holster and i love, it. Fits my G23 perfectly.

I cut the leather to shape as it doesn't void the warranty afaik. So i dont have the whole sircle but rather a rather good shap to fit the gun so it doesn't rub against the skin or the mag release

Would recommend to anyone!
StarkG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 16:24   #43
TJS

Just ordered one for my LCP. Will try it out and report back.
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 18:43   #44
dregotglock
CHL Instructor

The Kholster is a solid choice and is very comfortable to wear for long days. Would reccomend to anyone.
Old 03-16-2010, 13:21   #45
Glock-lover

I did purchased a kholster for my G-30 ,long story short, I trimmed my kholster too much (%100 my fault) ,I emailed Jimmy and asked him what can I do, he said "don't worry we got you covered"
3 days later one brand new kholster was at my door "free of charge"NOW THIS IS A+++ customer service
Thank you Jimmy
Glock-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 14:51   #46
TJS

Ordered one for my Ruger LCP. I found out one thing: a tuckable holster is not for me. I returned it and was promptly refunded my money with no questions asked. You can't beat that kind of service!
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 16:15   #47
mrbray101

I purchased one for my Glock 19 a while back when they were less than 30 bucks. I have owned a CTAC and MTAC as well for the same gun.

The Kholster is much much uglier and less refined but it functions exactly the same as the MTAC for me and has the same amount of comfort. I don't really care for the bulky metal clips so I put one some kydex clips from my MTAC and I love it. It serves a point, its cheap, customizable and highly adjustable. I would buy another if I needed one. I have been using it for about 6 months or so.

So bottom line, yes its ugly and "copies" other holsters but it is comfortable, durable, and functional. I don't mind that it is similar to other holsters, there are tons of holsters that look identical to each other.
mrbray101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 16:16   #48
mrbray101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock-lover View Post
I did purchased a kholster for my G-30 ,long story short, I trimmed my kholster too much (%100 my fault) ,I emailed Jimmy and asked him what can I do, he said "don't worry we got you covered"
3 days later one brand new kholster was at my door "free of charge"NOW THIS IS A+++ customer service
Thank you Jimmy
I have heard a few stories similar to that, Jimmy was very good about communicating with me, he answered emails promptly, and the product was in my hands 3 days after placing the order. Can't complain about that.
mrbray101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 16:56   #49
GMAN12

Excellent holster for the price. I got one for my G19 about 2mo. ago, wore it for about 2 weeks until I was sure where I wanted to trim it. Now it fits me perfect. As others have said I can wear it all day long and never know it's there.
GMAN12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 23:22   #50
ponq

Just got mine, so far it feels great.
ponq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:32   #51
rdc2co

Kholster evaluation- my opinion

I've been watching some of the comments here. I've worn all of mine pretty regularly. I now own several Kholsters- that should say something!

It takes less than a week to break it in- soften up the leather and conform to the skin. The full circle helps protect the ribs against the grip of the gun. I chose not to cut mine, but to practice my draw a LOT. It's not bad at all when you get muscle memory established. The metal clips hold to the belt better than some other brands. I've had others that came unclipped. I adjusted mine for a pretty exaggerated forward cant. When tucked in, my wife didn't notice it either. I'm a small guy and get away with a Springfield XD .45 Compact! That's ambitious for a smaller guy.

Some comments suggest that Kholster is ugly. The Glock was considered ugly until people figured out that they rarely jam or malfunction. In this perspective, yes, Kholster is VERY ugly, but works great.

Customer service is great and shipping is very fast. Jimmy does a great job. I hope this helps.
rdc2co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:30   #52
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

I wouldn't waste my money.

Either buy the MTAC or the one Tonerguy sells. You get what you pay for.

Regards,
Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:41   #53
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

Looks like a pie plate with a kydex holster stapled to it.

I would imagine from the grammar and intellect of the "supporters" that it's rather well received in the local trailer parks.

Love the guy who thinks it's cool to mod it with the clips from the holster they are trying to copy.

I will stick with my VM II's thanks.
Old 11-22-2010, 00:29   #54
jamaicanj

I just looked them up and saw that they are having a black friday sale.

Maybe I'll give them a try.
Phillipians 4:13
Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
Glock Certified Armorer & GSSF Member
jamaicanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:51   #55
homeyclaus

I have one, and probably have fewer spelling errors than the person that complained about other reviewers' spelling errors.

It works. The Kydex molding is fine and retains the pistol, and re-holstering is easy enough. You have all the adjustment options you could wish for. The steel clips squeak on thicker belts, but Kydex J-clips and Kydex regular belt clips are also sold as accessories.

I personally see little reason to spend more on "finer leather" for a holster of this type. Once you have sweated all over it for a few months it won't matter anyhow. My skin does not seem to tolerate most leather preservatives very well, so the less treated the leather is, the better. And most people I know personally have also done some trimming of their Comp-Tacs, so "trim-to-fit" is not something specific to Kholster.

Lastly, Kholster and Kwart holsters are a great option for people who want to try this style of holster without coming up with the money for the higher end models. If one wants the better leather, the other clip types, or whatever, it's just another holster order away.

It's a free country bro - why trash other peoples' choices when you personally have no experience with the product? Do you go bashing XD pistols because you don't have one too?

Low post count != lack of experience
homeyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 15:34   #56
wrangler5

My impression is that Kholster's design (large pie plate, as an earlier poster described it) is intended to offer the maximum range of adjustment options. Once you figure out where the clips should go for YOUR style of carry, you trim off the excess leather, including the leather behind the grip.

You can avoid the DIY approach by getting a more expensive holster, where they've done the work for you at the factory. My MTAC for my Glocks offers a more limited (but still more than adequate) range of adjustments, with finely finished leather edges. But I didn't mind trimming down the Kholster for my HK P7, and I don't mind the less-finished leather edges that result.
wrangler5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 19:53   #57
TcRoc
Phillies Fan !!

[QUOTE=homeyclaus;16341053
It's a free country bro - why trash other peoples' choices when you personally have no experience with the product? [/QUOTE]

Did you forget your on Glocktalk?

I have a Kholster for my G30 ,, I gave it a combat cut and it is very comfortable.
I have a CrossBreed on order for my G19 and will do a comparison to see if in my opinion its worth paying extra.
TcRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:41   #58
harlan
Who u lookin at

Just order one for my G22. Black Friday special - $35 with free shipping. At that price and mostly positive reviews here, figured it's worth checking out.

Last edited by harlan; 11-26-2010 at 09:45..
harlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 21:22   #59
dieselgrin

Customer support form Kholster is absolutely the best in the business. I have one for my LCP and have made a "combat cut" near the grip and cut a concave off the bottom. Ordered on for my G26 and hope to order one for my SP 101 in January. Have a CB for my G30. Extremely well made but I would have to start raising cattle or horses to pay for the leather I want to buy.
dieselgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 21:50   #60
REA9mm
get ready

Send a message via AIM to REA9mm Send a message via Skype™ to REA9mm
I too was skeptical of kholster at first b/c of the unpolished look. But, I've had mine for my officers model 1911 for about a year now and I carry that weapon about 70% of the time I carry. I've cut out the area behind the grip and some other parts to make for a better draw, I've also adjusted the cant a few different times, to get it just right. I can honestly say it's very comfortable to wear and conceals my weapon under just a t-shirt easily.

I live about 5 miles from Jimmy, so I went over to his house to pick up my Kholster. He's a very nice guy and he invited me to bring my gun over so he could custom mold the kydex. We chatted about guns as he molded the kydex and pieced together my Kholster. He told me if I ever had an issue with it to just come by the house and he'd fix up a new one for me. I guess he knows he's got a quality product to be making that offer. I haven't been back yet, and the next time I do go back, it'll probably be to buy another for my next gun.
REA9mm is offline   Reply With Quote