Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 09:09   #1
mossy500camo
ammo found
 
mossy500camo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: WAR EAGLE COUNTRY
Posts: 5,551
Alabama vs Utah Sugar Bowl Matchup.

WOW! I know Alabama football. But not so much about Utah. I know that they are in the Mountain West, 12-0, and have a High Power offense. But who have they played? Just because they beat Mich doesnt prove anything. Can they beat BAMA? I dont think so.......

ps
For the haters. I pull for every SEC team that plays in a bowl game.
mossy500camo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:36   #2
bamarammin87
h8tr
 
bamarammin87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chihuahuan Desert, TX
Posts: 4,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy500camo View Post
WOW! I know Alabama football. But not so much about Utah. I know that they are in the Mountain West, 12-0, and have a High Power offense. But who have they played? Just because they beat Mich doesnt prove anything. Can they beat BAMA? I dont think so.......

ps
For the haters. I pull for every SEC team that plays in a bowl game.
suprise there...... I hear they aint' got much of a defense, their games are just runs up and down the field scoring. AL has a defense, so we'll see what happens. Boy ol tebow's something else. If AL had another julio jones, and a QB like tebow, they'd dominate.
bamarammin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 13:56   #3
mossy500camo
ammo found
 
mossy500camo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: WAR EAGLE COUNTRY
Posts: 5,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamarammin87 View Post
If AL had another julio jones, and a QB like tebow, they'd dominate.

I will agree on that.
mossy500camo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 14:32   #4
bamarammin87
h8tr
 
bamarammin87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chihuahuan Desert, TX
Posts: 4,791
I still ain't heard any word on our next AU coach. You heard anything?
bamarammin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 14:49   #5
Jdog
Senior Member
 
Jdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: wasatch range
Posts: 1,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamarammin87 View Post
I hear their games are just runs up and down the field scoring
hey if it's open... they're gonna take it



Is the UofU even half as big a school as alabama? NO
Is football as big in the western states as the southeastern states? NO
Does the UofU have past national titles like alabama? NO
Does the UofU get to recruit as strong as alabama? NO
Does the UofU have as well known football program as alabama? NO
Does the UofU have a chance to rub alabama's arrogant face in the mud? YES
Will I laugh if the crimson tide looses and ebarrasses the SEC? hell YES


dont write them off so soon.
GO UTES !!
Jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 17:06   #6
bamarammin87
h8tr
 
bamarammin87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chihuahuan Desert, TX
Posts: 4,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog View Post
hey if it's open... they're gonna take it



Is the UofU even half as big a school as alabama? NO
Is football as big in the western states as the southeastern states? NO
Does the UofU have past national titles like alabama? NO
Does the UofU get to recruit as strong as alabama? NO
Does the UofU have as well known football program as alabama? NO
Does the UofU have a chance to rub alabama's arrogant face in the mud? YES
Will I laugh if the crimson tide looses and ebarrasses the SEC? hell YES
dont write them off so soon.
GO UTES !!
bamarammin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 17:43   #7
Mr Jingles
Senior Member
 
Mr Jingles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Green Mile
Posts: 1,805
The BCS has some real issues. It is not about the best teams. If it was about the best teams then a playoff system would have emerged a long time ago. The BCS gives us a mix of great teams and mediocre teams all in BCS bowl games. I hope the system changes. The Orange Bowl is a farce this year.

www.GODLOVESTHEWORLD.COM
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Mr Jingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 23:21   #8
mossy500camo
ammo found
 
mossy500camo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: WAR EAGLE COUNTRY
Posts: 5,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamarammin87 View Post
I still ain't heard any word on our next AU coach. You heard anything?

Nope I havent heard anything except what the papers are saying. Turner Gill (Buffalo), Johnson (GA Tech guy), Ball State coach, Muschamp. Same ole Same ole.


I take it back. Im pulling for the UTES! I just cant yell that Turd Roll!

Last edited by mossy500camo; 12-10-2008 at 10:00..
mossy500camo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 23:21   #9
mossy500camo
ammo found
 
mossy500camo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: WAR EAGLE COUNTRY
Posts: 5,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jingles View Post
The BCS has some real issues. It is not about the best teams. If it was about the best teams then a playoff system would have emerged a long time ago. The BCS gives us a mix of great teams and mediocre teams all in BCS bowl games. I hope the system changes. The Orange Bowl is a farce this year.

www.GODLOVESTHEWORLD.COM
Im pulling for playoffs!
mossy500camo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 17:53   #10
elrod
Senior Member
 
elrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Central Alabama
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamarammin87 View Post
I still ain't heard any word on our next AU coach. You heard anything?

You really don't want to know.
__________________
"None of us are as dumb as all of us!"
elrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 19:24   #11
bamarammin87
h8tr
 
bamarammin87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chihuahuan Desert, TX
Posts: 4,791
[QUOTE=elrod;11864155]You really don't want to know.[/QUOTEu

unfortunately I heard monday morning. quite the"big name" they we're talking about, huh. That was a dumb move.
bamarammin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 14:00   #12
mossy500camo
ammo found
 
mossy500camo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: WAR EAGLE COUNTRY
Posts: 5,551
Dang it! I have been hearing all kinds of names popping up here lately. Chizik is the head coach. Tuberville, Pat Dye and a few other past AU players and coaches are being welcomed back. I have even heard Al Borges is coming back to help out. Its CRAZY! Paul Rhoads just left us and went to Iowa State. Its a Mad House!
mossy500camo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 23:33   #13
Jdog
Senior Member
 
Jdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: wasatch range
Posts: 1,247
We got er' done tonite!!!
alabama wasn't nearly as scary as they said.
go UTES !!!!
Jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:30   #14
bamarammin87
h8tr
 
bamarammin87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chihuahuan Desert, TX
Posts: 4,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog View Post
We got er' done tonite!!!
alabama wasn't nearly as scary as they said.
go UTES !!!!
Yea, wtf happened there? who woulda thought.
bamarammin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 20:55   #15
elrod
Senior Member
 
elrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Central Alabama
Posts: 172
Ran across several UA alums today that were sort of, well, just wandering around mumbling "What the hell is a Ute, anyway?? Guess when you get your *** run slam over by something you never saw coming, it sort of screws you up!

__________________
"None of us are as dumb as all of us!"
elrod is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 17:12.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 997
334 Members
663 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31