Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:21   #1
KYgundoc

Best wishes and happy holidays from GLIPSC

As president of the Greater Louisville independant practical shooting club I want to wish everyone a safe and happy holiday and at this time of year when we think of friends and family I also think of everyone I shoot with. GLIPSC is a weekly shooting match and because of this I think all of us that shoot every week get to be good friends. It was good to see Jack back with us this past week after a long absence, You were missed. It is good to see the new faces that come to shoot we count you as friends too.

Now lets thank some people, First and foremost Bluegrass Indoor Range. As most of you know we used to shoot at Sportshooter on first and when they closed Bluegrass took us in and has been great to us ever since. On evenings when they could make more renting the bays to shooter they let us shoot a match. Thank You Bluegrass Indoor Range! Greg H. our MC as I call him after this summers Indiana Sectional. He collects match money, Orders Targets smooths over the range staff after we make a mess of there organizational plan and make sure everthing runs like it should. Leigh Ann who gets us organized and ready to shoot. Everyone who shoots I try to put to work so thanks for helping out.

Plans for 2009: Our matches are being structured to shorter strings so that carry guns can compete with the high capacity guns and once a month we are putting on a match with 6 shot strings so that revolvers can compete. This has been going on for the past month and the feedback has been great so this is what we are going to keep doing and plan on the second Thursday in January this will be a match with 6 shot strings. If you want to shoot a specific match let me know and I will try to work it in. The indoor range can sometime limit what can be done with a match but I may be able to modify it to work.

If you have not shot with us but have been thinking about something better than shooting at a bullseye target this may be what you are looking for. We draw and shoot at multiple targets, Reload and shoot more targets all under time. The stress of shooting in front of other people in the shortest time with the best score that you can may be the next stage in developing your shooting skills. If you want something more than shooting at a target in a bay this may be for you. If you want to try it we would be more than happy to have you shoot with us and you do not have to shoot a Glock.

Happy Holidays
Dean F

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
KYgundoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:52   #2
GLW

Merry Christmas everyone!
GLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:19   #3
Berretta9

To you guys and gals as well.
Berretta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 20:59   #4
cpolk

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
Old 12-28-2008, 19:03   #5
TreehugginGlock

Having the time to shoot with such great folks is one of the highlights to my week. I consider you all my very dear friends, too.

Thank you so much for your dedication and imagination, Dean. Without you and Greg, we would not be able to make this weekly shoot happen.

Thanks to the folks at Bluegrass, too.

Happy holidays to everyone that shoots with us, too.

See you at our next gathering on Thursday, January 8th.

TreehugginGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 23:06   #6
cwshootersupply

Belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

cwshootersupply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 00:19   #7
45gunner

Glipsc

Happy new years!
Old 12-30-2008, 04:33   #8
signal shooter

Happy New Year !

Looking forward to seeing friends again on Thursday.
signal shooter is offline   Reply With Quote