Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-28-2008, 17:03   #1
KYJoe

Gunsmith for Saiga Conversion

Are there any smiths locally that anyone has used for a Saiga conversion? I am sure there are local smiths that can do it, but not sure if there is anyone who has experience with it. I am in the general Louisville area, but interested in KY as a whole.

Joe
Old 12-28-2008, 17:18   #2
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Although the conversion is relatively easy to do. To do it well on the other hand is a work of art and there are many ways to mess up your Saiga-12 especially if you are shortening the gas system.

I would recommend you just check out one of these dealers as they are reputable and have been doing conversions for years:

Companies that will do conversions on Saiga-12s:
TROMIX Corp -Tony is the best Saiga smith but not taking orders again till 2011 due to backorders
Rifle Dynamics- have seen good work come from there.
Cadiz Gun Works Office Phone: (740) 942-3175 - offers basic conversions.
Dinzag Arms - not seen their work personally
ISPC EoTach - not seen their work personally

Good places to get your mags and such here:
MD Arms (20-round Drum mag) -Mike is behind but is taking orders
Mississippi Auto Arms - Nathan takes care of his customers and has good prices on mags

Hope this helps.

Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 17:37   #3
KYJoe

It certainly does, but I have tried many of those and work orders right now are running anywhere from 12-16 weeks and are pretty pricey. It would be nice if there was a shop local (KY) that could also do a nice job. Just not sure if anyone is out there. For what it matters I am looking to convert the 7.62 not the 12.
Old 12-28-2008, 18:01   #4
EKUJustice

Contact Greg out at Guns Inc in Richmond, KY. I know he has done several of the 12ga, 223 and 7.62 conversions and is a good guy to deal with to boot
EKUJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:41   #5
SDGlock23
Glockoholic

I converted my Saiga 7.62. It's very easily really, just follow the instructions online. The hardest part for me was installing the bullet guide trunion, just because I don't have the tools to do it myself, I had to find someone with a drill press.