Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:10   #1
4MUL8R

Safe Ringtones?

I've been searching the net for ringtones for a Verizon phone. There are so many sources, and many just seem unsafe. Registration, e-mail addresses, cookies, tracking my movements, etc. All I want is a safe place to find authentic tones and download them. Anyone know of a good site--one that offers truly authentic tones with a minimum of risks?
4MUL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:09   #2
Sgt. Schultz
Annoying Member

Depending on your phone, you can create your own ringtones and copy them to it. Id search for user forums for your particular model and see if thats something you can do yourself.

Just a suggestion you should create a junk mail e-mail address at one of the many web based e-mail sites available. That way you never have to use your actual home/personal e-mail address and you can avoid all of the junk e-mail that comes from registering at such sites.

"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass ... and I'm all out of bubble gum"
Sgt. Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 21:14   #3
MDBULLET

Interesting, I never knew there were risks with ringtone, I too have Verizon and I think I have downloaded 3 ringtones over the years and they all three have been from whatever Verizon site that was on my phone. So far I have never had a issuse,, but know a days I guess you never know.
MDBULLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:57   #4
mschu

I doubt if you can create your own ringtones. I have a Verizon phone as well, and haven't figured out how. Apparently the Verizon software block you from accessing certain portions of the phone (i.e. creating new ringtones) you can put tones on the phone, but it won't recognize them as ringtones.

So far I've had to purchase them all from Verizon's online/on-air store.

"He is strong who conquers others; he who conquers himself is mighty." - Lao-Tzu
mschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 04:21   #5
BigDaddyK

www.myxer.com

I like it the best. You can even upload your own mp3 and chop the part you want as a ringtone.
BigDaddyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:02   #6
Sgt. Schultz
Annoying Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschu View Post
I doubt if you can create your own ringtones. I have a Verizon phone as well, and haven't figured out how. Apparently the Verizon software block you from accessing certain portions of the phone (i.e. creating new ringtones) you can put tones on the phone, but it won't recognize them as ringtones.

Verizon is just the service provider; they do not manufacture the telephones. You can unlock (hack) virtually every phone available on the market today. There is software that will allow you to remove/change the brand (provider logo) add ringtones, reprogram the button layout, etc which is why I suggested he search for forums for his model, somebody has the procedure already documented.

"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass ... and I'm all out of bubble gum"
Sgt. Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 14:29   #7
najaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschu View Post

Sure you can, and it's easy. I just edit an mp3 down to about 30 seconds and a managable file size then email it to my phone. You canuse the site www.mobile17.com to upload and edit your sound file. If my number were 321-555-5555, I would email it to 3215555555@vzwpix.com. When you receive the pix message, the sound file will be available as an attachment that you can save to your phone and set as a ringtone.
najaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 16:21   #8
sappy13

download the program audacity. it will allow you to create your own. then just use a micro sd card or a email it to your phone. i have been doing this for years.
sappy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 18:55   #9
powernoodle

zedge.net is safe, and has just about every ringtone you could ever want; I probably have 100 of them on my Blackberry, as I'm sort of a ringtone junky.
powernoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 20:43   #10
Ragin Cajun

Mobile17 only would take a MIDI file, the ringtone I have is in MP3. How do I do this?
Old 01-06-2009, 20:46   #11
sappy13

its been a while since i made one, but i think i normally just renamed the .mp3 file to .midi for my phone after i make mine using audacity. It works every time for me
sappy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:41   #12
highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyK View Post
www.myxer.com

I like it the best. You can even upload your own mp3 and chop the part you want as a ringtone.

x2 i download and convert them to mp3's
highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:50   #13
CaliMoon2005- L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Schultz View Post
Verizon is just the service provider; they do not manufacture the telephones. You can unlock (hack) virtually every phone available on the market today. There is software that will allow you to remove/change the brand (provider logo) add ringtones, reprogram the button layout, etc which is why I suggested he search for forums for his model, somebody has the procedure already documented.
LOL...you can do anything on almost every phone out there.. MOT, Samsung, HTC....it's like you work for the company, but don't get pay to fix the phone for a customer...

Phone is one of my hobbies and weakness...so if anyone needs some help...

Tell me what phone you have, and I'll tell you what I can do for you.. I'm your "dope man"
CaliMoon2005- L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 16:09   #14
SKeefe

I just looked at some of the sites mentioned here... are there any sites that have ringtones that actually sound like a damn phone ringer? I just want something that sounds remotely like a phone that is louder or more noticeable than the ones that came with my phone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
SKeefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 14:47   #15
Viper16

i use funformobile.com i am happy with it...its free too...as long as you have the right service plan. (i.e. free text messaging and ability to download)
Viper16 is offline   Reply With Quote