Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:59   #1
Ceefuhs

Original Parts

For Glocks that may one day have some collectors value ( very early 2nd gen Mod 21 ) how worried should I be to keep the original parts?
Ceefuhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 21:31   #2
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceefuhs View Post
For Glocks that may one day have some collectors value ( very early 2nd gen Mod 21 ) how worried should I be to keep the original parts?
I kept mine.

It may not make it a "deal-breaker" but you'll certainly get more money if you have the original parts the gun came with. Now, presuming you have something special of a collectible with this G21, I think if you're shooting it much, worrying about the money you'd get for having the original parts is a waste of time...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.
MakeMineA10mm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:16   #3
jimmy

Interesting. FWIW, I just came into an early G20, serial number prefix UA--one of the "first G20s for civilian sale," according to GT's Serial Number thread. It's LNIB and still has its original parts. I don't know to what extent--if any--it's "collectible," but am inclined to leave it as is rather than have it upgraded.

Last edited by jimmy; 01-12-2009 at 19:40..
jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 20:54   #4
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

jimmy,
Yeah, I've got a UH an a UM, and I upgraded both of them and kept the original parts in the baggie that the upgrade parts came in. I shoot them both, so there's really no sense in saving the original parts as far as collectibility... However, if someone has a pristine G-20 OR G-21 that was upgraded and then never shot (and the original parts disposed of), and the previous owner wants to save it as a collectible, I've got a couple bags of original parts here...

IIRC, the very first run of G20s was 500 made in the MC prefix. The first runs with a full 1000 units were the UAs and UHs. I scoured the country for months in 1990 when these hit the USA and couldn't get a distributor to shake a UA loose. They all went into the pipeline for store-front dealers. The first G20 I could get a distributor to ship to me was a UH.

Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.
MakeMineA10mm is online now   Reply With Quote