Important Notice: The site is currently being upgraded to a new software system. This process could take a day or two to complete. During that time, we are going to leave the site up here, on its old software. WHAT GETS POSTED HERE DURING THIS TRANSITION WILL NOT BE COPIED OVER ONTO THE NEW SITE, WHEN THE UPGRADE IS COMPLETE. When we swap over, the content posted while this message is visible will be lost. We wanted to give you folks a place to hang out and talk while we worked though. We will let you know when we are finished. Please pardon the inconvenience, during this transition.

Home Forums Classifieds GT Store Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-16-2015, 16:10   #1
pat701

A way to transfer music CD's to an MP3 player

Guys i am an old man, and not very tech savvy, so please be gentle. I have around 100 music CD's i have burned over the years. Is their a way to transfer them easily and cheaply to and MP3 player? If so would you be kind enough to recommend what MP3 player i should buy to transfer the music? I don't want to down load all my Cd's to my P.C. and then transfer them to a MP3 player. I will be using the MP3 player in my truck, there are USB ports in the truck as it is a 2015 GMC Canyon. I also can't afford major coin to make the transfer, so on the cheap. These are single songs not entire albums that i burned. My P.C. is running Windows Vista.

Last edited by pat701; 05-16-2015 at 16:20..
pat701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 16:53   #2
srhoades

I can't attest to the easiest way, but you don't need an actual MP3 player if your truck has USB ports. Just load the MP3's onto a thumb drive.
Old 05-16-2015, 21:57   #3
sputnik767

Lol, it's been like 10 years since I've used a CD, so this info may be outdated, but here goes.

Windows Vista has Windows media player, which should be able to encode CDs to MP3s. Alternatively, iTunes is a free application that can do it as well, at least it used to. Encode your CDs to a high bit rate MP3 files, (at least 192 or 256), and be careful not to use Media Player's WMA format or iTunes AAC format. These may be default, so you may want to check it beforehand.

Link to instructions: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...m-cd=windows-7

As far as which player to get, if you have a smartphone, that's all you need. Alternatively, you can get a Sandisk Sansa, or any other MP3 player on amazon with good reviews.
sputnik767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 22:01   #4
jdeere_man
CLM Number 26
Charter Lifetime Member

If you don't have the original digital files on the pc you made the cds with you will have to rip them. Windows media player can do this. If you still have the original files on your computer you made the discs with you can just transfer them to the storage device, usb, or mp3 player
Old 05-17-2015, 07:16   #5
Dr. Leaky
Know-It-All

This free program works well for me
http://www.freac.org/
Dr. Leaky is offline   Reply With Quote