SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:07   #1
ntranced
10tranced

Manassas, VA / Tony's 7???

I was talking to a friend yesterday about the relationship between LEO's and legally armed citizens. The story of the Tony's 7 in Manassas, VA came up. We concluded that locally we have the same anti-gun regard of legally armed citizens. But, it's mostly among the younger officers.

Anyway, does anyone have an update or know what has happened since the Manassas Police Chief's white washing attempt?
ntranced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:35   #2
KY Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntranced View Post
I was talking to a friend yesterday about the relationship between LEO's and legally armed citizens. The story of the Tony's 7 in Manassas, VA came up. We concluded that locally we have the same anti-gun regard of legally armed citizens. But, it's mostly among the younger officers.

Anyway, does anyone have an update or know what has happened since the Manassas Police Chief's white washing attempt?

My understanding is that nothing happened. The whole issue was just swept under the rug until it went away. Typical small town cop stuff going on. You have the gung ho, new to the job types who have the us vs. them, everyone is a suspect attitude instilled in them from the academy. There's a couple of Manassas Officers still on the job who have common sense and do good work. Hopefully the younger crowd will learn from them.
The concentrating [of powers] in the same hands is precisely the definition of despotic government. It will be no alleviation that these powers will be exercised by a plurality of hands, and not by a single one. - Thomas Jefferson
KY Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 23:05   #3
longwatch2k1

I was one of the Tonys 7. Not much that you could measure has happened, except that nothing similar or harassment of OCers has happened in the 2 years since Tony's. I suppose thats enough and mostly what I personally wanted out of it. Funny enough I encountered Officer Hyland just a few weeks ago,(the first officer on the scene that night), he didn't recognize me, but I didn't feel the need to antagonize him or myself over whats done.
longwatch2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 16:48   #4
ntranced
10tranced

longwatch2k1

Congrats. on a job well done. I'm glad everyone was able to keep their cool in spite of the circumstances. I went back and read the whole thread on the original site and watched the video of the Town Hall meeting.
ntranced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 23:55   #5
Dan0076
Special Member

I'll tell you one thing that hasn't happened in Manassas since then. And that is me spending any money there what so ever. I travel for work a lot and although at a less frequent rate now than then, I would often spend nights in N. Va. For the longest time I would drive out to Warrenton to stay at the Holiday Inn instead of the one in Manassas off 66. And I still won't be spending money in the town.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Dan0076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:48   #6
alien-Glocker

Quote:
And I still won't be spending money in the town.
The only money I spend there is at Virginia Arms. I just had them do a transfer of a very nice SKS for me.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:41   #7
Rec4LMS

Can someone remind us of what is the "Tony's 7?" I somewhat recall that it involved LE arresting person's who were carrying openly in Virginia, but my google fu is weak.

"The number of casualties at the site of an attempted mass shooting is usually determined by whether the gun used to stop the killer is already at the site, or whether it must be carried there in the holster of a police officer."

Rec4LMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:47   #8
KY Moose

You can find a lot about the event at this link; http://www.vcdl.org/Tonys/mcpd.html
The concentrating [of powers] in the same hands is precisely the definition of despotic government. It will be no alleviation that these powers will be exercised by a plurality of hands, and not by a single one. - Thomas Jefferson
KY Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:39   #9
MavsX
The Dude Abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by longwatch2k1 View Post
I was one of the Tonys 7. Not much that you could measure has happened, except that nothing similar or harassment of OCers has happened in the 2 years since Tony's. I suppose thats enough and mostly what I personally wanted out of it. Funny enough I encountered Officer Hyland just a few weeks ago,(the first officer on the scene that night), he didn't recognize me, but I didn't feel the need to antagonize him or myself over whats done.
i had no idea about this whole thing. Well thank you for getting the word out. I'm sure that whole situation wasn't pleasant. But in the end, it educated a lot of people. Thanks again man
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:39   #10
MavsX
The Dude Abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by KY Moose View Post
You can find a lot about the event at this link; http://www.vcdl.org/Tonys/mcpd.html
and thanks for posting that link. I had no idea what the hell tonys 7 was.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote